Steel Fixer Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting building and engineering plans and drawings.
- Setting out work areas and determining the required materials.
- Using hand and power tools to cut and bend steel bars and mesh.
- Laying out steel bars, mesh, rods, and framework.
- Hoisting steel bars, mesh, and reinforcements into place.
- Fitting spacers and supports.
- Joining steel reinforcement bars (rebar), footings, and girders by welding or with clips or wires.
- Fixing steel bars and mesh to solid concrete bases.
- Using rebar to build casts that will keep setting concrete in place.
- Preparing concrete, mixing sand, cement, and water and pouring the concrete into the prepared casts.
Steel Fixer Requirements:
- A completed apprenticeship in steel fixing.
- A completed “Work Safely at Heights” short course.
- An NVQ certification in steel fixing may be advantageous.
- Basic work experience in construction may be advantageous.
- A good understanding of health and safety issues.
- The ability to read and follow technical plans and drawings.
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A head for heights.
- Good physical fitness.
- Strong practical and teamwork skills.
Direct Call 9801072540